Wednesday, April 23, 2008

First Day of Travel

Hi friends,
OK, day one of the journey. I wonder what Paul and Barnabas dealt with on the first day of their trip. For us it was getting up at 4:30 a.m. Now "enjoying" a five-hour layover in Dallas-Ft. Worth before flying to Costa Rica tonight.
But it's worth it. We'll see Bethany tonight and begin seeking ways to encourage our missionary team.
Meanwhile, as we take this journey, I am reading through the book of Acts. Today I read Acts 1, and the story of Jesus' ascension into heaven. A key statement in Acts 1 is that Luke is now writing what Jesus continued to do through his apostles. They did not know yet what was coming, but they were aware that Jesus had entrusted this mission to them. They were about to find out what that would mean.
So are we.
Grace,
Brad

1 comment:

Edge said...

Brad, One thing that always revives me ater a god nap is some good music. I've got an mp3 file for you from V-Man, my main harmonica player from So-Cal to share. If I can't figure out how to attach it here I'll send it to your email so you can retrieve it. I posted my first comment to Bethany's blog before this one was active so check with your fav-ever missionary - LOL. Edge~